Department: Site Supervision
Visit project sites frequently (as required) to supervise the ongoing construction activities. To ensure that the works are carried out safely and in line with quality standards, in accordance to contract documents. Interact and advise HSE Engineers in your team and monitor performance. Oversee overall implementation of all sites and issue a monthly HSE- report
- Adhere to and implement OVID’s internal HSE management system, requirements, and procedures for Ovid’s site team
- Adhere to project HSE requirements and implement by guiding site HSE – Team
- Monitor the compliance of all site staff with the applicable safety standards and company procedures and bring to the attention of the Contractor’s Project Manager any safety violations for further action
- Monitor, assess, and report on Contractor and Sub Contractors HSE compliance with the project HSE requirements as per the Contract and HSE legislation / best practice
- Immediately bring to the attention of the PM the critical and outstanding safety issues for their further actions.
- Conduct and co-ordinate regular safety training for site staff
- Carry out daily site HSE tours with Contractor HSE staff and highlight findings
- Issue Safety Enforcement Notices (SEN) as per applicable Ovid procedure.
- Follow up with the Contractor on outstanding HSE issues, including ensuring prompt closure with adequate evidence of compliance
- Review and comment on Contractors’ risk assessments and work method statements.
- Develop and update Ovid HSE documents (the Safety File), e.g. HSE Plan, HSE specific site risk assessment, office risk assessment, office fire risk assessment, etc
- Conduct accident and incident investigations for Ovid staff
- Compile accident reports and incident statistics.
- Chair weekly safety meetings where required with HSE Site Engineers, the Contractor, and other parties as necessary. Issue MOM on time (within 48 hours). Report any outstanding and critical safety issues or lack of action by the Contractor in the weekly progress meetings.
- Monitor the Contractor’s compliance with the Contractors HSE Plan and report and follow up on any breaches.
- Liaise with the HSE Team, Contractors, and the Site Supervision Team and report the status of safety issues.
- Liaise with contractors’ Project Managers, Construction Managers, and Safety Managers to improve safety provisions
- Prepare regular weekly, monthly and other reports as required on safety matters for an issue to the Employer and Project Manager.
- Coordinate safety-related activities for the Ovid team and mentor regularly.
- General HSSE advice as required
- Five years and above work experience as Safety Engineer.
- Method development skills, Strong written and verbal communications skills including the ability to communicate effectively in a group setting, with colleagues and staff, and subcontractors,
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to decide and take responsibility for health, safety, and environmental works in several projects
- Strong skills in monitoring and evaluating the performance of the Contractor / Sub-contractors and
- Accuracy and knowledge in reviewing health, safety, and environmental procedures and effectively
- Implement HSE plans across several projects.
- Skills to Identify any particular site safety issues and bring them to the notice of the Contractor / HSE / PM / PMO and the ability to propose corrective actions
- Proficiency with Windows, Word & Excel
- Attention to detail
- Process improvement skill
- Responsible for overall adherence to the company’s health and safety regulations
- Responsible for evaluation of HSE Team performance
- Compliance with International and Local Code Requirements
- Defending company’s efforts towards cleanliness, housekeeping, HSE and adherence to all regulations and standards and work methods against RE, Client
- Review and check all issued compliance and non-compliance reports and conduct HSE Workshops with Site staff and HSE-Team and discuss lessons learned for constant performance improvement
- Issue monthly HSE report for several projects and present to BoD
As Team leader you are permanently working on growing the expertise of your team
Projects Managers and PMO / from time to time Client, RE, BoD
Key Performance Indicators:
- Percentage of Completion of Tasks provided by PMO, BoD and major clients
- Number of Positive Feedback from BoD, Client
- Compliance with Company Standards, Systems and Protocols
Interested applicants can submit their CV and credentials @ firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ms. Hana Birhanu @0900608082. For various reasons we do not accept hard copy CVs and credentials unless during interviews when we may need to verify the original credentials of the candidate.