Ovid Group would like to fill the following open job vacancy with competent professionals in the field of Human Resource Management
Reports to: The Human Resource Directorate Director will report to the Executive Director to the Group CEO
Company Background: Established in 2013, OVID Construction Plc is a private limited company which is in the process of upgrading itself to the level of OVID Corporate Group incorporating, OVID Construction, Ovid Manufacturing, Ovid Real Estate, OVID IT Solutions, Ovid Trading PLC and Ovid Venture Capital PLC. OVID was defined with an objective of promoting modern building systems that will decrease the dependence of the Ethiopian construction industry on conventional building methods which are inactive in terms of executing project works, finishing qualities and durability. Our company is the pioneer in introducing Ready-Mix concrete, Magnesium board/panel technology, Light Gauge Steel, K Span and Kum Kang building system to Ethiopia and East Africa.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Directorate Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Capital of the Corporate, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organizations mission and talent strategy. It consists of planning, directing, and coordinating human resource management and development activities of OVID Group to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance. It is also responsible for attracting, motivating, and retaining the most qualified talent by directing the administrative functions of the different OVID sister companies. By maximizing the value of OVID Group’s employees, it ensures that all human resources are being utilized as efficiently as possible. Moreover, by developing and implementing appropriate Human Resources policies, procedures and systems, it enhances the contribution of individuals and teams in towards achievement of the Group’s plans and priorities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Play an active role in supporting the effective management of change across the group, advising on strategies to achieve high levels of commitment to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Hire staff and negotiate employment agreements and ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Oversee the implementation of recruitment and remuneration practices
- Take a lead role in the preparation of documentation for formal disciplinary and grievance matters Identify staffing needs and create job descriptions
- Develop of Human Resource systems and practices and the provision of a range of personnel services
- Oversee employee relations, securing regulatory compliance, and administering employee-related services
- Develop and administer HR policies, plans and procedures that relate to OVID Group companies
- Develop strategies to bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, discipline, grievances and related issues
- Develop, monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans
- Disseminate organizational core values and corporate culture
- Develop, implement, and revise OVID Group’s employee compensation and rewarding plans
- Develop, analyze and update OVID Group’s employee performance appraisal programs
- Facilitate talent hunting, recruitment and selection process of OVID Group
- Contribute to the development of human capital
- Facilitate the development of resource database to track issues like training attendance for evaluation feedback
- Provide leadership and guidance on issues relating to the equality and diversity agenda and champion the Ovid Group’s commitment to equality and diversity
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned
Education level: Minimum Master’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, and related fields.
Work Experience: At least Five (5) years of relevant professional experience working in related private/public institutions and/or NGOs, The position requires a combination of education and excellent experience in human resource policies such as talent hunting, employees’ benefits plans, compensation schemes, and performance appraisal with strong interpersonal skills.
Specific skills: Excellent analytical skills, excellent oral and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present reports to different audiences, ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, ability to deliver outputs within tight timeframes, ability to work with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate ability to build consensus, ability to organize work, meet deadlines, prioritize work under pressure, full professional fluency in written and spoken English and computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Personal characteristics: Flexible, proactive, innovative, willingness to learn and willingness to face new challenges, enthusiastic about joining a diverse and inclusive work environment, ethical in maintaining confidentiality and anonymity when required.
Interested applicants can submit their CV and credentials @ firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ms. Hana Birhanu @+251982254585. For various reasons we do not accept hard copy CVs and credentials unless during interviews when we may need to verify the original credentials of the candidate.